Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Feeling Shaky; In search of an auditioning network











Last Monday I was driving West out of Houston, on Tuesday I headed North on I-75, on Thursday, I took a new route to Ft. Worth running Northwest through dry flat sweetgrass. Each audition is as exciting and thriling as an exotic vacation. On arrival I join the bloodstream of other actors. we're all there to help someone tell their story. What an intoxicating thought, "I've been asked to come to give voice and movement to the story tellers character." "They want me!" It's usually over within a few moments, but I never leave unchanged. As soon as I'm back in my car, I drive half blind, still caught up in the experience. Still so fresh, I can adjust each word and body movement under my magnifying glass. After clearing my thought back on the Interstate, there's nothing before me but hope.

As the week comes around so many things and decisions made become questionable. Something is happening to me. I'm thrown into a spiral of my experiences. Will I get a call-back? Was I excellent in my work? " Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before those of
significance, not before the unknown." Proverbs 22:29 I start feeling disoriented. But I know I cannot be the only actor to experience Shaky! Where are their stories? Not that I'm going to live through something exactly the way anyone else has, but if I could see their map, to show me how they deal with the 'wait', then I can take my own steps.

Once again, Agent calls, and I'm OFF! Isaiah 55:12 " You shall go out with joy and be led by peace; the mountain and the hills shall break forth with singing , the trees on the interstate shall clap their hands."

3 comments:

  1. You have the wonderful style of one of my favorite children's illustrators for these: Keiko Kasza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mice--they have a 'children's book' look to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I like all of them...but especially the "round" one, with her extra flabbiness and little piece of cheese during the workout!
    But maybe I love the dancer even more, yes I do: because she's lost in the pleasure of dancing.
    I think that when you go to these auditions, you experience the shaky part, but you also fall in the part so well that you become one with what you are doing,
    exactly like the dancer :)
    Shaky, excellent concept and interpretation

    ReplyDelete