Saturday, July 25, 2009

IDLE


It ran across my mind today, driving Hwy 290 to Austin and back, for an acting workshop, that I have 'Idle" time! What a luxury... albeit I may be driving these idle times, but they still exsist. Thing is, my mind is NEVER idle. Today for instance, I learned two new songs, a few more scriptures, wrote and tweaked a one woman show! In the car I'm a star ! I'm never Idle.

Back in 2003 I did this watercolor. These were days when I had no idle time, only deadlines to meet! It was for a romance novel. My model was perfectly idle, the setting was calm, almost sacred, I loved the finished art.

3 comments:

  1. ah yes, the irony of this topic is that we cannot be idle to depict idleness! beautiful scene you have created here~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay, you have a very beautiful watercolor painting here :) she look like a mermaid on my first glance! hehe

    ReplyDelete