Monday, July 13, 2009

Hollow Words


To the flatterer speaking hollow words is just part of the routine I guess. To an actor, they're messing with my life! As an actor, I've worked hard to find a process into the character, living their life and trying to connect to the wholness of the story in a 3 minute audition; even though I have only a part of the story to share. Over the years I've painstakingly discovered as well as radomly stumbled in to what works and doesn't work. I give myself to my work. Can I really believe what I've been told? I hate hollow words, they break me into pieces and shatter my understanding. I try not to receive everything that's said in the room. I mean there are no rules to violate, I think they are just trying to reassure me. False hopes or hollow words are sometimes hard to toss in the wind later. I want to believe them! I'm moving through a living network. I want to co-create with the story teller. Common sense doesn't always surface. Instead I've allowed someone to tinker with my mind and that gets my head all messy!

7 comments:

  1. This is a really great caricature and illustration of the word hollow. *chuckle*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice message.... hollow words surround us, but it's our task to question the person who utters them. We have the power to make our answers not hollow, but rich with meaning :) and your caricature does a nice job!
    cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across you through Illustration Friday, check out "my hollow" if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the energy in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background and her facial expression! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful caricature... I see the likeness!

    ReplyDelete