Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's NOT about the WORDS


As actors the first thing we do is read the script and deal with the Words. But when the author writes the script the last ingredient are the words. He first thinks of the character through experiences, thoughts, ideas, observations and emotions. The last thing is putting those things into words on paper. So as an actor we have to work backwards. As the actor we add our body and voice, the only thing we are capable of creating externally. Internally we have to go back to the Character Backstory to determine how this individual forms thoughts and feelings. Human behavior trumps the words everytime.


I've been working on honing my skill with the Audio (ear) Prompter. Even there, Who am I? What do I think and feel about what I'm saying. Practiceing and rehearsing is all about exploring and tweaking through improvisation and choices. Then the WORDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment