Friday, February 13, 2009

How to handle Rejection - CELEBRATE !


Ok. So last week, I get a call from my agent late Thursday night. A Casting Director has requested me for an audition for a State chained food store. I'm thrilled! I drive to Austin, elated! I've worked the copy over and over, but it's quite a tongue twister! I arrive, wait to be called in. "Kay, you're next!" ... I was about as fluent as Elmer Fud! Being kind to myself, I was a little rusty. See, I've been booked out for a little more than 4 months. This was my first audition since early Sept. '08.


Today were the call backs, of course I didn't get one. I started to imagine what the C.D. must be thinking of me. 'She's was suppose to be good, I wonder what happened to her!' And on and on the game goes.


Then I thought of all the things I have. Hope, a vision, plans, dreams, a beautiful daughter, lovely home, a place in life that I can actully persue my craft and career. Before I knew it I was CELEBRATING!!!


I bet she'll call me in again! Yipee!!!!

6 comments:

  1. You have a great attitude and a lot of wonderful things to celebrate, including your visual art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah! I love the whole composition.every element is very well placed...and as indigine puts it...you have yuor lovely skill to celebrate too!
    good luck for future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very lovely...you are talented and you can celebrate that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog:) What a great feeling this piece has! Love the colors. Of course you'll get called in again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is good advice. I like the loose-ness of your character, she's very fluid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, my friend and welcome to the world of blogs. I ran across your blog and thought I would say hidy to you.

    I have had a blog for several years and it is a great way of keeping our kids up on what going on with us.

    ReplyDelete