Thursday, September 24, 2009

Breaking Barriers


Broke through a barrier yesterday! I had prepared for a crying scene audition for 5 days. Yesterday I had to deliver. I wasn't exactly sure if I could pull up what I needed to get to 'the place'. I think I did pretty great! I didn't quite get to the sobbing level I acheived in rehearsal, but overall it was really good. The way in for me was a song. I went in to the hallway. The waiting area was busy and distracting. Once by myself I started to sing softly "Because HE Lives". I can never get to the "I can face the future" part before the words are stuck in my throat. That song along with preparation, preparation, preparation, so much dialog!!! I think I reached a new level of artistic excellence. When I was called in everything was right there, at the ready. Kim Bassinger says, "As an actress, you have to come to a point of jumping over your fears and going through the glass doors." Yes, I walked right through to the other side.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. What a wonderful post. I have always been so curious, intrigued and in awe of actors who can authentically cry in a scene. You really pulled back the curtain to show your process and it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete